NOVA SCOTIA MENTAL HEALTH & ADDICTIONS, CENTRAL ZONE Program Grants
The Mental Health Foundation is pleased to offer Nova Scotia Mental Health & Addictions, Central Zone Grants to provide funds that enhance the services provided by the Central Zone Mental Health & Addictions Porgram. NSMHA, Central Zone Grants are for projects that typically would not receive funding from capital or operating budgets.
Please note that applications for 2017 NSMHA, Central Zone Grants have now closed.
Read the information below carefully before downloading and completing your application.
Please consult our Frequently Asked Questions section for more information.
The call for applications goes out in January and funding is awarded on an annual basis.
Call for Applications
End of February
The Foundation strives to fund programs that are developed by Nova Scotians who are passionate about changing the way people think about mental illness.
All submissions must meet the following criteria to be forwarded to the Grants Committee for scoring:
- clearly state the project's objective
- clearly state the project's timeline
- clearly state the project's budget
- align with the Foundation's Vision and Mission
- assist the Foundation in generating at least two of the following: awareness, recognition, relationships and growth
- impact an appropriate number of people
- align with the Foundation's Gift Acceptance Policy
- have proper attention paid to the overall quality (spelling, grammar, completeness, readability, etc.)
- be unique (no copy & paste) and compelling
Funding for the following will not be considered:
- requests over $25,000
- human or capital costs (furniture, equipment, etc.) covered under the NSMHA, Central Zone operating budget