Over 200,000 Nova Scotians live with mental illness.
Chances are you know and love at least one of them.
TEXTING & Fundraising CHALLENGE
- From October 1st until October 31st, schools were invited to text their unique HUGS code to the number 45678 to donate $5 to the Mental Health Foundation of Nova Scotia.
- Each school’s contribution was monitored and tallied at the end of the month, then divided by the total student body population. The school with the highest rating wins a special grand prize! (School to be announced soon)
- Every week, one lucky texter was be drawn to receive a Fog Off Clothing Co. prize!
SOCIAL MEDIA CHALLENGE
- Schools were also encouraged to post on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook with their unique hashtag: Sharing their HUGS for Mental Health moment, capturing a photo of what a HUG for Mental Health means to them, sharing info about the challenge.
- Every week, a lucky winner's name was drawn to receive a Fog Off Clothing Co. prize!
Cape Breton University
Mount Saint Vincent University
Nova Scotia Community College
St. Francis Xavier University
St. Mary's University